Music - Faith Builders Educational Network
- Education - Faith Builders Educational Programs
- English - Faith Builders Educational Programs
- History - Faith Builders Educational Programs
- Mathematics - Faith Builders Educational Programs
- Music - Faith Builders Educational Network
- Psychology/Sociology - Faith Builders Educational Network
- Religion - Faith Builders Educational Network
- Science - Faith Builders Educational Network
Descriptions and credit recommendations for all evaluated learning experiences
- Formerly Beginning Choral Conducting MUS 320 (MUS 320); Beginning Choral Conducting
- Formerly Beginning Class Voice MUS 310 (MUS 310); Beginning Class Voice
Version 1 and 2: 45 hours (5 weeks).
Faith Builders Educational Programs, 28500 Guys Mills Road, Guys Mills, PA
45 hours (5 weeks).
October 2010 - Present.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to: acquire a detailed working knowledge of the fundamentals of functional harmony in tonall, Western music through notation, scales, intervals, keys, chords, and musical forms; analyze the structural elements of music including cadences, nonharmonic tones, and melodic organization; apply music theory concepts to the practice of music; and develop and increase aural skills (ear training) including intervals, triads, melodic dictation, rythmic dictation, harmonic dictation, and error detection.
Major topics covered in the course are: scales; tonality; key; modes; intervals; transposition; chords; cadences; nonharmonic tones; textures; voice leading; harmonic progression and harmonic rhythm; and dominant seventh chord. Methods of instruction include: lecture, daily ear training exercises, and daily keyboard exercises. Evaluation criteria include two exams and a final composition.
In the lower division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in Music Theory or Music (Liberal Arts requirement) (10/15).