Evaluation Eligibility Checklist
If you can answer yes to the following questions, then your organization is eligible for evaluation:
- Does your organization offer documentable, formalized learning experiences without granting regionally accredited college degrees?
- Has your organization been offering courses for at least one year? Do you have authorization to operate and serve students in your home state (if applicable)?
- Does your organization have administrative control over the courses you want evaluated?
- Can your organization verify that it has retained official student records in a secure manner for at least the period potentially covered by the credit recommendations? Can your organization retrieve those records and send official documentation of them (e.g., transcripts) to colleges upon request?
If you can answer yes to the following questions, your courses or exams may be evaluated:
- Is this a formalized learning experience conducted consistently from one administration to the next? Eligible learning experiences include traditional classroom courses, laboratory or shop courses, distance learning or on-line courses, subject-matter proficiency examinations, and examinations for professional certification or licensure.
- Do you believe the experience to be at the college level in terms of subject matter and treatment of instructional topics?
- Does the learning experience include the assessment of students' performance and/or a way of measuring attainment of the learning objectives?
- Can the subject matter included in the learning experience be documented through instructional materials, and a detailed outline (course syllabus), lesson plans, or instructor's manual that shows how the instructional materials are organized and presented?
- Do the instructors hold advanced degrees in the subject matter and/or do instructors have a college degree with considerable related work experience in the field of study?
- Has the course been offered at least once within the past two years?
If you are still unsure of your eligibility, please contact the NCCRS office to explore your options. You will be required to submit a Self Study Report before final eligibility is determined. You may also request a complete Information/Application Package.
Once approved for evaluation, you will need to complete a Request for Evaluation Form (RFE) for EACH course or exam that will be submitted for evaluation.