(List of degree programs generally contains those that are designed to accommodate working adults and nontraditional students.) Bachelor degree programs are offered in an accelerated format for adults who are working full-time and wish to attend school one evening per week. Majors include criminal justice, interdisciplinary studies, general management, healthcare administration, homeland security, marketing, interdisciplinary studies, operations management, human resource management, and organizational communication. Degree completion programs are available for radiologic technology and nursing. Master degree programs are available in criminal justice leadership, grief and bereavement, organizational leadership and quality, adult gerontology nurse practitioner, nurse educator. Differentiated Instruction for Alternative Learning (DIAL), educational technology, education leaership, special education, and teacher education. Doctorate degree programs in Curriculum and Instruction Leadership, Educational Administration, and Leadership Studies.
- Students may earn up to 30 semester hours of credit through proficiency exams (CLEPand DSST).
- Credits may be transferred from other regionally accredited academic institutions including NCCRS and ACE-CCRS and Military coursework.
- Marian accepts Credit for Prior Learning. A total of 96 credits may be transferred for undergraduate programs from other sources.
- Marian University is a regionally accredited, 75-year-old, Catholic, applied liberal arts institution.
- Courses for the working adult are offered in small, interactive classes for seven weeks.
- There are six sessions per year.