Skip to main content

National College Credit Recommendation Service

Board of Regents  |  University of the State of New York

Can someone earn credit for learning experiences offered by noncollegiate organizations that are not listed on the CCRS Online Directory?

Yes, some institutions may evaluate potential students' prior knowledge by means of an individualized assessment of prior learning (PLA) or through examinations either developed by the college or those administered by nationwide proficiency examination programs (CLEP, etc.). Contact the admissions office at the college of your choice to find out how to get possible credit for your prior learning and work experience.