Saint Joseph's College Of Maine
(List of degree programs generally contains those that are designed to accommodate working adults and nontraditional students.) The following degrees can be earned through distance learning: Associate's degrees in Adult Education & Training, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, General Studies, Human Services, Psychology, and Radiologic Science Administration; Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (specializations in Accounting, Banking, Management, Sales & Marketing), General Studies (degree completion), Nursing (RN to BSN and RN to MSN), Radiologic Science (post certification degree); Bachelor of Arts in Theological Studies; Master of Health Administration, MBA in Leadership, Master of Science in Education, Master of Science in Nursing (specializations in Nursing Administration and Nursing Education); Master of Arts in Pastoral Theology.
- Credit is awarded based on the following measurements of noncollegiate learning: proficiency exams through CLEP, ACT-PEP and DANTES Standardized Subject Tests (DSST); formal noncollegiate coursework for which credit recommendations have been established by NCCRS; military experiences recommended for credit by ACE; CEUs earned through professional seminars, workshops, internships; individualized portfolio assessment of experiential learning gained through professional educational programs, related work experience.
- Maximum number of credits awarded by transfer and/or portfolio is 96 semester-hour credits for baccalaureate degree, 48 semester-hour credits for associate degree.
- Saint Joseph's College established its distance learning division in 1976 to provide a quality education for working adults who sought an alternative to traditional classroom study.
- The Graduate & Professional Studies Division administers all the above programs with the exception of the Master of Science in Nursing and the Bachelor of Science in Nursing, which are administered by the Department of Nursing, a traditional on-campus department offering degree options partly through distance learning.
- Saint Joseph's College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.