(List of degree programs generally contains those that are designed to accommodate working adults and nontraditional students.) Certificates and Associate, Bachelor and Master degrees are available through five academic divisions: Education, Health and Life Sciences, Humanities and Liberal Studies, Management and Leadership, Science, technology and industry.
- Proficiency examinations (AP, CLEP, DANTES, etc.), formal noncollegiate course work for which credit recommendations have been established by NCCRS and ACE-CCRS, military educational experiences recommended by ACE, and individualized assessment through portfolio development via the Assessment of Prior Learning (ALP).
- Northeastern University, a national research university that is practice oriented, student-centered, and urban, is currently ranked in the first tier of American research universities, according to U.S. News & World Report.
- Northeastern is also a national leader in adult and continuing education, providing college courses, short-term training programs and degrees for adults and part-time students.
- The School of Professional and Continuing Studies (formerly University College) was created to serve adults who want to return to college in the late afternoon, early evening, or on the weekend to earn a degree.
- Our students include adults taking courses for professional development or personal betterment, or seeking to earn or complete their first college degree; college graduates who want to earn a master's degree; and advanced or professional degree holders pursuing a doctorate.