Montana State University - Billings
(List of degree programs generally contains those that are designed to accommodate working adults and nontraditional students.) The University offers pre-professional and certification programs and awards degrees at the associate's, bachelor's and master's degree levels. Degrees are awarded from the Colleges of Allied Health Professionals, Arts and Sciences, Business, Education, and Technology. There are also "self-designed" plan of study bachelor degree completion programs available.
- The University will award credit based on the following measurements of noncollegiate learning: proficiency exams (CLEP, DANTES Subject Standardized Tests, AP, COMPASS), formal noncollegiate coursework for which credit recommendations have been established by NCCRS and the ACE-CCRS, military experiences recommended for credit by ACE and individualized assessment of prior learning.
- Students need to earn 30 semester credits at MSU Billings and fulfill other requirements to earn a degree from the University.
- The University also offers the opportunity to earn credit through the Prior Learning Assessment: Portfolio Method, by which students may transfer non-academic experience and training into academic credit. Students can receive credit by developing a portfolio that documents how they have acquired knowledge and skills that match the learning objectives in a specific undergraduate course.
- The University offers nearly 20 fully online degree programs and over 240 online courses.
- Student Opportunity Services provides "Return To Learn" seminars and additional services for the non-traditional student.
- The Academic Support Center provides services to support the academic success of all students.
- The Academic Advising Center provides evaluation of prior credits and plans of study for degree completion.
- Career Services provides career/occupational counseling and employment assistance. With a population over 100,000, Billings has the largest workforce in the state of Montana. There are ample opportunities for internships and the most diverse employers in the state.